Here are a few photos of my house renovations. I realised today when asked,that I havn't posted anything about the house for ages. We have now finished 2 bedrooms and the ensuite and are working on the third bedroom. It's coming along well and looks fantastic.
It has been some time since my last post regarding the renovations of my house. After some excellent holidays
and other activities we are back into the job at hand. The last couple of weeks has mainly been painting and today we installed the ceiling fans and the doors on the new walk in robes. Painting is not exactly my most favourite job and if I ever decide to become a professional painter then you know I have finally lost the plot. Saying that, the finished job is quite rewarding and it's fantastic to see things really starting to come together.
This week has been one of change on the building site. It's been a while coming and the anticipation has been high with yours truly getting quite excited about getting the windows and some of the colourbond tin onto the house.
Fox pretends he's not excited but I know deep down under that ADHD exterior that he is pleased too.
Or is it me who has ADHD, I actually thought I might have been getting it after ingesting some fast food from one of the well known chains(which is something I rarely do) and the effect on my being was quite scary. I felt like I was going 200 kmh on the inside. I dont know what they put in the food but I reckon I wont be in a hurry to partake in another morsel from the same company.
We are getting closer to having the front wall finished. It has been straightened the windows have been fitted,insulation installed and wrapped in sisalation paper ready for the colourbond which has been ordered and should arrive Tuesday or Wednesday next week.
We started on the front yesterday. First removing the weatherboards which have been in place for over 100 years.The wall has to be trued before we can install new windows,insulation and then the new cladding. The Red Gum frame of the house is as solid as the day it was built with these beautiful pillars of 4x3 Red Gum in the corners and on either side of the windows and where the front door was. The door is being removed and wont be replaced. I am amazed that there isn't any White Ant damage, the Red Gum must be to tough for the little buggars to munch on.
Yesterday we got the new roof on the East side of the Verandah. I'm very pleased because today it is pouring with rain and no work would have been possible. I just have to paint the verandah posts when the weather improves.
No it's time for another phase of the renovations which is pretty exciting.
We have finished the West Side Verandah and have moved around to the East. Pretty cosy on the East side the last couple of mornings. 42 degrees this afternoon here. Below is a few photos of the West Side construction.
After a festive season filled with food, a few quiet nectar of the god's and family it was time to strap on the tool belt and give the old homestead some loving. It's verandah time again and after seeing how good the front of the house looks I cant wait until the 2 sides are done. Hopefully anyone who had nasty thoughts of bulldozing the whole thing and building a new house will start to see the folly in their ways and is "starting to believe".
Check out the "Master" (aka Fox) who now has taken the light and sound hat off and donned the $5 Bunnings straw hat that I bought for him yesterday. I am not sure about the longevity of his new head wear but he reckons it'll see the job out. Thats a pretty bold prediction I reckon considering the length of time I believe our little project may run.
Anyway here is a little snapshot of the work place this morning just around smoko time.
We have finished putting the new verandah across the front of my house. It gives us the first glimpse as to what the place will look like. I have to say I'm really pleased and Fox has done a wonderful job. There doesn't seem to be a problem he cant solve. If you look at the picture you may just spot him feeling pretty good that we've got something pretty cool to show for our labour. I was hoping we would get this done before christmas as I was worried Santa would have trouble landing on the old verandah but now I reckon he'll be pretty happy too.
With this renovation thing its weird how to do one thing you have to do about 5 other steps to get it done. I'm not sure if there is some mathematical equation for this conundrum. We wanted to strengthen the verandah frame as originally it had no support underneath the tin,see right hand side of bottom pic. We will have to be able to walk on the verandah to work on the upper part of the roof. So before we can put the new tin on the verandah we have to fix the fascia on the upper roof and then put some new eaves above the verandah whilst there is no tin in the way as well as paint the whole verandah structure. Then we can put the new windows in the front wall followed by the new colourbond wall cladding if you see what I am getting at. All this in between thunderstorms.